2011年9月17日土曜日

Reaction to Barna

This text was about six stumbling blocks in intercultural communication.
The six stumbling blocks are:
  • Assumption of similarities
  • Language Differences
  • Nonverbal Misinterpretations
  • Preconceptions and Stereotypes
  • Tendency to Evaluate
  • High Anxiety
 I agree with all those blocks because I've experienced each of them all in abroad.
For example, as I said in the last class, I was sometimes called 'Chinese' in Italy.
This represents 'Preconceptions and Stereotypes'
I was spoken from several people in Chinese and talked me with lifting their eyes up.
They acted as such because for them, the yellow skinned seemed all Chinese.
We tend to think they are rude but they are not thinking on purpose that we are Chinese.
They simply have no interest in where strangers come from.
To prevent these stereotypes from occurring, we need to remember that we often have
prejudice and stereotypes in perceiving a matter.
We need to ask whether we are not misunderstanding something.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿